Monday, March 7, 2011

Twang Me.


You are out there. I am here. Hopefully this provides some sort of fun break to your madness. A new Lucinda Williams came out recently its really good, but then again I love anything Lucinda. I rocked out to wrecking ball by Emmylou Harris in the car this weekend over and over again, its one of my all time favorite records, thought it would be awesome to play a tribute show of the whole record, that it would be an awesome challenge.


Growing up I used to make fun of my high school boyfriend’s parents for liking country music. Two things most people in New England think are stupid Country Music and NASCAR, I am pretty sure both of these ideals have potentially changed at our current state in 2011. But you still can’t really find any country bars around here outside a VFW, we are just not a boot scooting destination. I still don’t like most Nashville country and NASCAR just isn’t my thing. But I do like a good song and there are plenty of amazing country songs from Dolly to Johnny to Waylon I can’t even rule out the Dixie Chicks sometimes, life lesson don’t give up on the twang and yes NASCAR is still really stupid. I doubt I will ever really get it, other than its an excuse to hang out with friends and get wasted…

No comments: